- PML performs general surgical pathology services to include frozen sections. We also provide special expertise in the areas described below.
- PML Pathology provides primary evaluation of skin biopsies and excisions, including evaluation of inflammatory and neoplastic condtions. Routine light microscopy, direct immunofluorescence and indirect immunofluorescence are available. When necesary, immunoperoxidase stains and molecular testing can be performed on the tissue we obtain from biopsies submitted.
- We also examine oral mucosal biopsies where immunobullous, inflammatory or neoplastic processes are suspected.
- Our dermatopathology services include frozen section examinations.
- PML is dedicated to providing our dermatology clients with the highest level of service and exceptional quality with advanced diagnostic technologies. Specimens are interpreted by our board-certified dermatopathologists. We provide 24-hour turnaround time for most routine cases and the dermatopathologists are always accessible for consultation.
- Immunohistochemistry services provided within PML allow for rapid turnaround in cases requiring this additional testing.
- PML provides outstanding service to our gastroenterology clients with active endoscopic / histologic correlation, personal interaction with the GI pathologists and 24–hour turnaround time for routine cases. PML offers board-certified pathologists with fellowship training in gastrointestinal pathology and advanced diagnostic technologies. The physicians provide consultative review of difficult and unusual cases, and are always accessible for consultation.
- Immunohistochemistry services within PML allow for rapid turnaround time for special stains. Routine special stains are performed immediately on gastric and esophageal biopsies, and reviewed with the H&E stained sections.
- PML understands the complexity of diagnosing breast cases. We ensure timely and dependable results using state-of-the-art technology.
- With the ever changing technologies and treatments available for patients diagnosed with breast cancer, PML pathologists work closely with their surgical, radiological, and oncological colleagues to offer rapid, reliable diagnoses and facilitate ancillary molecular testing. Our pathologists provide consultative review of difficult and unusual cases, and are always accessible for consultation.
- All breast cases are reviewed by at least two pathologists.
- PML’s pathologists review numerous and varied urologic cases. Our cytopathologists review screening urine cytologies for bladder cancer as well as fine needle aspirates of renal masses. We now offer Urovision testing on suspicious urine cytologies. Urovision uses molecular probes to increase the sensitivity and specificity of detecting atypical cancerous cells.
- Our pathologists review more than 7,000 prostate needle biopsies each year. Many were able to ve correlated with surgical specimens because of our hospital affiliations.
- The growing volumes of cases referred to PML in urologic pathology supplies our doctors with a wealth of new experience, knowledge, and training. At PML, we are your partner in patient care. Our physicians are available for consultation and personal service to help care for your patients.